Twisted Axles
July 29, 2014, 11:02:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Renee Beyer benefit ride September 13 2014

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: t-case swap  (Read 773 times)
dusty178

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »

i have a fsj th400 and a fulltime t-case in now. put a hand me down low - range box in and made a world of difference.i want to make it way simpler than having all of that hanging off my trans . now i was talking to a fellow jeeper and his brother has a cj that was quarda- trac equipped ( same engine 360ci and th400 set up). they took the borg warner out and put in a dana 20 i think.. the fsj did come with dana 20 and th400 combo i believe. i found a 73 commando  3speed  trans and t-case and was wondering if the in put would take the ten spline shaft that i have, it does  stick out of trans a good 7in. to long to just put a dana 20 on?  want to make is simple and be able to run a front locker with the rear i just put in, i was told the fulltime case dont like front and rear lockers they pop chains and is to much for them. any info would great..
tacowillys
Taco Grandé
Administrator

RIP Renegade 10-13-07

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »

We ran the spicer 18 from a willys because of the offset rear end on the quadratracs.  The dana 20 share the same case and have a center output.  We never found a stock replacement combo that would fit so we bought the advance adapters kit and ended up have to replace the transmission output.   You might be able to make a spacer and use the original ten spine input gear found in some of the dana 20's.  You could get away with this in a long wheel base.  We needed the shorter shaft on the CJ7. Even if you found a stock GM TH400 combo you would have to swap internals since the Jeep TH400 has the round bellhousing bolt pattern. They probably make an adapter for that too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: