Twisted Axles
October 25, 2014, 07:15:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Renee Beyer benefit ride September 13 2014

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: driveshaft angles  (Read 868 times)
dusty178

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »

put np205 in fsj. took measurements and got front driveshaft made, no problems. rear shaft is another problem. fsj has off set rear axle . wonder if i could take a newer style front cv style driveshaft ( with ball bearings) from a 4x4 trk of maybe like a grand cherokee or 1/2 ton pickup and have shaft made so that the cv shaft is at the axle and regular joint at t-case. have to do this because of the offset to pass side. or does someone have a dana 44 out of a newer wagoneer with 3.54 gears? any ideas
dirtnerd

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:37:53 PM »

you can have a double CV shaft made by a number of companies (JE Reel, Tom Woods, High Angle Driveline, Driveshaftsuperstore) but they are expensive.  I paid $400 just to have a regular single CV shaft built for the rear of mine.  Probably be cheaper to look around for a centered axle.  If you get lucky and find what you need they are only about $75 at pick and pull.  Worst case, you should be able to find one on craigslist or ebay for less than $200.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: