Twisted Axles
July 25, 2014, 02:37:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Renee Beyer benefit ride September 13 2014

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new here  (Read 1069 times)
dgray69
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:11:24 AM »

hey all, My name is Dave. I live in oswego, trucks not a big off roader, but gets the job done. its a 2001 ford expy, with a 2/3 level lift and 3 inch body lift, on 32 super swampers for now, looking to get an older mid size pick up to wheel with, and not have to worry bout killing my DD

dgray69
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:08:10 AM »

hope this is allright to do, there will be an open poker run in bath, NY this comeing sunday,with several clubs from NY, I will be headed down about 7 am sunday morning with a group of guys from the oswego watertown area, should be alot of fun
 it will be hosted by back country 4 wheelers, and info is posted to there site. any one intrested message me, and we can all run together down there
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:11:13 AM by dgray69 » Logged
goldxlt
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 07:04:09 AM »

that certainly is a large trail truck, it looks like you could fit 35's in there.  i know what you mean about killing your dd.  i have been thinking about selling my truck and getting an older ranger to play with and possibly a nice car for driving around.  well good luck with the poker run.
dgray69
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »

the poker run is off, once again my jod kills another fine run, i get this alot,yeah bigger tires are in rhe near future i hope
PJ1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 06:39:05 AM »

You got the tow rig part done now you need to get the trail rig. It don't need to be pritty you can get anything you want as long as its "jeep sized" or in the 85" to 105" WB (wheelbase) with a TW (track width) no greater than 74". FYI a jeep TJ WB is 93" TW is 70". I'll tell you on most trails you will destroy your DD its way tooooo big and most will not be able to pull you out once your stuck. I'm not trying to discurage you but your idea of getting a trail rig is a good one I would hate to see you destroy the purfect tow rig.   
goldxlt
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »

you know if you were just looking for any sort of trail truck there is a bronco 2 i saw on craigslist for 800.  it has a bad trans but comes with a replacement, allready has 33's and a 3 in lift(probably body)
dgray69
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »

yeah i looked at it, its right here in oswego, cost more to modif it than its worth and, the tranny he has is manual, i dont feel like putting clutch pedal and everthing in, think im getting my parents old grand cher, i will mod that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: