Twisted Axles
November 26, 2015, 07:59:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: welcome spring bring on the mud!
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: t-case swap  (Read 1135 times)

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »

i have a fsj th400 and a fulltime t-case in now. put a hand me down low - range box in and made a world of difference.i want to make it way simpler than having all of that hanging off my trans . now i was talking to a fellow jeeper and his brother has a cj that was quarda- trac equipped ( same engine 360ci and th400 set up). they took the borg warner out and put in a dana 20 i think.. the fsj did come with dana 20 and th400 combo i believe. i found a 73 commando  3speed  trans and t-case and was wondering if the in put would take the ten spline shaft that i have, it does  stick out of trans a good 7in. to long to just put a dana 20 on?  want to make is simple and be able to run a front locker with the rear i just put in, i was told the fulltime case dont like front and rear lockers they pop chains and is to much for them. any info would great..
Taco Grandé

RIP Renegade 10-13-07

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »

We ran the spicer 18 from a willys because of the offset rear end on the quadratracs.  The dana 20 share the same case and have a center output.  We never found a stock replacement combo that would fit so we bought the advance adapters kit and ended up have to replace the transmission output.   You might be able to make a spacer and use the original ten spine input gear found in some of the dana 20's.  You could get away with this in a long wheel base.  We needed the shorter shaft on the CJ7. Even if you found a stock GM TH400 combo you would have to swap internals since the Jeep TH400 has the round bellhousing bolt pattern. They probably make an adapter for that too.
Pages: [1]
Jump to: